- The New York Times – Even Imperfect Algorithms Can Improve the Criminal Justice System
- Buzzfeed – What Americans Mean When They Talk About “Populism”
- Slate – Trump and the GOP Have Massively Unpopular Tax Policies
- The Washington Post – A computer program used for bail and sentencing decisions was labeled biased against blacks. It’s actually not that clear.
- Washington Post – Who cares about free trade? Not many Americans, it turns out
By others (may not perfectly reflect my research or views!)
- The Stanford Open Policing Project in the press
- The New York Times – We Gave Four Good Pollsters the Same Raw Data. They Had Four Different Results.
- Stanford Daily – Stanford researchers find discrimination in officers’ treatment of minority motorists
- Motherboard – AI Could Resurrect a Racist Housing Policy
- Vox – Study: police officers have lower standards for searching black people than white people
- The New York Observer – Stanford Traffic Stops Database Will Let Public Analyze Racial Profiling
- The Marshall Project – Are Traffic Stops Prone to Racial Bias?