Computational Criminal Justice
- Sam Corbett-Davies and Sharad Goel,
The Measure and Mismeasure of Fairness: A Critical Review of Fair Machine Learning.
- Emma Pierson, Sam Corbett-Davies, and Sharad Goel,
Fast Threshold Tests for Detecting Discrimination.
Proceedings of the Twenty-First International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS 2018). Best Paper
- Sam Corbett-Davies, Emma Pierson, Avi Feller, Sharad Goel, and Aziz Huq,
Algorithmic Decision Making and the Cost of Fairness.
Proceedings of the 23rd Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2017)
(Commentary in The Washington Post and The New York Times)
- Camelia Simoiu, Sam Corbett-Davies, and Sharad Goel,
The Problem of Infra-marginality in Outcome Tests for Discrimination.
Annals of Applied Statistics, 2017.
Data | Code
- Emma Pierson, Camelia Simoiu, Jan Overgoor, Sam Corbett-Davies, Sharad Goel,
Vignesh Ramachandran, and Cheryl Phillips,
A Large-scale Analysis of Racial Disparities in Police Stops Across the United States.
Older Research (Computer Vision, Robotics, and Augmented Reality)
- Christopher Choy, Michael Stark, Sam Corbett-Davies, and Silvio Savarese,
Enriching Object Detection with 2D-3D Registration and Continuous Viewpoint Estimation.
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2015.
- Sam Corbett-Davies, Andreas Dünser, and Adrian Clark,
An advanced interaction framework for augmented reality based exposure treatment.
IEEE Virtual Reality 2013 (finalist for Best Short Paper).
- Sam Corbett-Davies, Adrian Clark, and Andreas Dünser,
An interactive augmented reality system for exposure treatment.
IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality 2012.
- Sam Corbett-Davies, Tom Botterill, Richard Green, and Valerie Saxton,
An expert system for automatically pruning vines.
Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 2012.